Written by Ivan Edwards |
The candidates for the FXU Presidential Elections have been announced.
Voting is open now, and will stay open until next Friday at 12 noon.
Campaigning will be taking place all next week, so expect to see posters, messages on social media, and people canvassing for your votes in the Exchange building.
There are four elected FXU Presidents: one each for Falmouth, Exeter, Community & Welfare, and Student Experience. Each role is a full-time job, and the winners will be involved in key decisions that affect students, on and off campus. The student union represents you, from negotiating with university bosses to running societies and sports clubs. So don’t miss the chance to have your say!
The results will be announced next Friday evening, and the winning candidates will be in their roles during the 2019-20 academic year.
Who is standing?
- Callie Edwards, FXU
- Micah Crook, 3rd year Press & Editorial Photography
- River Owsley-Brown, 3rd year Acting
- Bee Hellier, 3rd year History
- Henry Massimo, 3rd year Flexible Combined Honours
- Joe Rigby, 3rd year Zoology
- Verity Hannah, 1st year English
Community & Welfare
- Allie Guy, 3rd year Journalism
- Betty Tsang, 3rd year Conservation Biology and Ecology
- Caleb Hermit, 1st year Press & Editorial Photography
- Isla Walter, 3rd year Creative Advertising
- Olivia King, 3rd year Fashion Marketing
- John Fish, Postgraduate Entrepreneurship
- Katie Rose, 3rd year Dance and Choreography
- Sarah Redman, FXU
How to vote
Voting takes place on the FXU Website. Log in using your student username and password to be able to vote. Every candidate’s manifesto is available on the voting page.
Vote by ranking candidates in order of preference. You can also vote to re-open nominations, if any of the candidates aren’t to your liking.
All students can vote for Community & Welfare and Student Experience Presidents, while the Falmouth and Exeter votes are only open to students from those universities.
You have until 12pm, Friday 22nd February. Don’t forget!