Please scroll down for the latest position vacancies
We are always open to people wanting to write for the paper, both in print and online. We also have a list of specific job vacancies below.
Position Vacancies (August 2017)
All positions at The Falmouth Anchor are unpaid.
The Falmouth Anchor is looking for energetic, dedicated and self-motivated students from both the University of Exeter and Falmouth University to join the team in varying roles.
This is your chance to get involved in a busy and exciting new student newspaper on campus. Becoming a part of The Falmouth Anchor team is great experience for students wishing to pursue a career in journalism or media, however we also welcome all students who are just looking to have a go at something new.
Applying for Positions:
Below is a list of the positions available for applicants. No positions require experience, but of course if you happen to have experience then that is to your advantage. All roles are team based and will require you to work closely with the other people on the Falmouth Anchor Team.
If you are interested in any of the roles, submit the following by email to Sarah Redman (email@example.com)
• Covering Letter
We are looking for two students to fill the role of Advertising Coordinator.
As part of this role, you will:
- Help source advertisements for the print editions of the Falmouth Anchor.
- Help to ensure that the advertisements received enable the printing of future editions of the Falmouth Anchor.
The successful candidate will be proactive, reliable and have skills in customer service.
Head of Advertising
We are looking for a new Head of Advertising to help secure the future of the print editions of the Falmouth Anchor and manage a team of Advertising Coordinators.
As part of this role you will:
- Manage the advertising revenue for the Falmouth Anchor by working to source advertisements with the two Advertising Coordinators.
- Send out invoices for each advertisement received and coordinate with Stacey Bray at FXU.
- Ensure that the advertisements recieved enable the printing of future editions of the Falmouth Anchor.
The successful candidate will be proactive, reliable and have skills in leadership and customer service.
Social Media Manager
We are looking for a dedicated individual to manage The Falmouth Anchor’s social media accounts.
As part of the role you will:
- Utilise all our social media accounts to promote the Falmouth Anchor brand and increase readership.
- Post each article produced by the newspaper onto our Facebook page.
- Promote and market the Falmouth Anchor society and events.
The successful candidate will be proactive, reliable and have skills in graphic design, marketing and image production.
Write for Us
We’re always looking for people to write for us and to expand the range of content at the newspaper. We’re keen to get new content onto the website every week, so please get in touch if you’d like to write for The Falmouth Anchor on a regular basis.
We will also be looking for new writers for every issue, people with new style and innovative ideas. Whether you want to try your hand at journalism, or are looking to expand your portfolio, we welcome and ideas and will consider all articles sent in.
If you wish to join our writing team, you will need to be aware of the FXU Media Code of Conduct, and all submitted articles must conform to the following formatting:
- Name, central alignment in the header
- Size 10, Calibri font
- Must not exceed specified word limits (contact us for more information)
- All image files must be attached separately as JPEG files. All articles must come with at least one photograph for which you have full permission of use and the appropriate credit details.
- All documents MUST be submitted by given deadline dates
Please be aware that we cannot always run all submitted articles. Articles we feel do not concede with the FXU Media Code of Conduct or the standing of The Falmouth Anchor will not be run. Any articles submitted after deadlines will not be considered for the current issue, and if correct media is not submitted with the article, then the piece may not be run.